By: Kelly Bodell
In today’s world, mobile ease and accessibility run the show. You can order pizza by simply tweeting an emoji, you can store boarding passes on your phone and now Yelp is making it easier for business owners to access their profile information and data on their mobile devices.
The Yelp for Business Owners app is a great tool for practice managers and administrators, and here are five reasons why:
- Summarized Page Statistics: The app provides 30 days of user views and customer lead analytics that pulls from website and app traffic. This information will help you determine which days your page is accessed the most. For example, you may see an increase in views and leads on Tuesdays, which in turn would be good days to amp up your SEM campaign or to post on your Facebook account.
Click anywhere in the User Views or Customer Leads box on the Activity page to view your page’s 30-day stats.
- Easy Access to the Activity Feed: In the Activity Feed, you can get an overview of the activity on your Yelp account to see if and when users are clicking through to your website, looking for directions or searching for a phone number. This section will tell you where users are interacting with your business page, helping you better understand the information patients are looking for the most.
The Activity Feed is at the bottom of the Activity page. Scroll down to the bottom of the page to see the full feed, and click More Events when you want to delve even further into page interactions.
- Quickly Respond to Messages and Reviews: Regardless of whether you enable push notifications, the app makes it easier than ever to respond to reviews and reply to messages. This helps the user respond in a timely manner, without letting questions and comments slip through the cracks.
In order to respond to a message, click anywhere in the user’s message box and it will take you to a page with the single review and a response text box at the bottom. Simply type your reply in the response box and click Send.
To navigate to your reviews, you can either go through the Reviews link on the Activity page, or you can click the app menu (the three stacked lines in the top left) and click on the Reviews link.
Scroll up and down to read through the reviews, and if you need to respond to a review, click anywhere in the user’s review box. Type the response and remember to turn your reply either on or off depending upon if you want your reply to be public. If your reply is public, other Yelp users can see it. If it is private, only the reviewer you are responding to can see it.
- To Upload Photos: The app makes it easier to upload photos to your clinic page directly from your phone. This is helpful if you need to populate your page with images and when you need to add an image while on the go.
To access and add photos, click on the app menu (the three stacked lines in the top left) and click Photos to navigate to the page. The photos page should house all the photos you have uploaded to your Yelp for Business Owners account. To upload additional photos, click on Add Photo or the plus sign icon in the top right corner. The app will ask you for access to your photos and camera, so be sure to click OK when it asks for access.
- Text Alerts: You can turn on text alerts, also called push notifications, to instantly be notified if your clinic’s business page receives any messages or reviews. These alerts help you stay on top of any questions current and potential patients may have. These allow you to also monitor reviews easily, which is especially helpful if the review is negative and needs to be addressed quickly.
To sign up for push notifications, click the app menu (the three stacked lines in the top left), click on Preferences and then click the Enable notifications button.
To download the app and learn more, visit biz.yelp.com/support/mobile.