Do you know what to do with your business’s online profiles if it closes? If you have made the effort to keep these profiles updated with correct information, you should continue this care even if your business closes. Here are some guidelines and steps to take for removing your business profiles from key online review sites.
Some sites will not allow you to remove a profile, but will allow you to mark the business as closed instead.
Google My Business
- Report your business as closed and delete the profile from your account. It will still be visible on Google, but will be labeled as closed.
- Log into your Google My Business account and select the page you want to remove. At the bottom of the Edit page, click Report problems with this page. Fill in the required fields, check the Business Status (closed or moved) box, and then click Next to submit.
- Return to the page dashboard and click the gear symbol in the top right corner. Choose Settings from the drop-down menu. Scroll to the bottom of the Settings page and click Delete page to remove it from your account.
- Contact Yelp to report your business as closed. This will remove the profile entirely from the site and your account.
- Email Yelp Support (email@example.com) from the email address associated with your account and explain that your business has closed. Include the link to the profile for verification purposes.
- Mark your business as closed. The listing will remain on Foursquare and in your account, but will be labeled as closed to the public.
- Log into your Foursquare account and select to use Foursquare as your business listing. Click Manage your listing to go to the Edit page. Once there, scroll to the bottom and click the Advanced Tools drop-down arrow. Choose Close this location.
- Report your business as closed. This will remove the profile entirely from Angie’s List and your account.
- Log into your Angie’s List Business account and click Contact Us at the top. Fill in the required information and explain that the business has closed. For Category, select Removing business from Angie’s List from the drop-down options.
It’s important to update your online presence if your business closes. Removing profiles from key online review sites is a good place to start, but don’t forget to shut down your social media pages and website as well.