Thanksgiving is a time to reflect on what you’re thankful for. In the spirit of the season, we’ve put together our own list of the reasons we’re thankful for social media.
- Provides real-time engagement. You can be a thought leader by connecting directly with consumers and personally engaging with your target audience through social media.
- Connects people all across the world. You are able to give your business a voice by joining the online conversation people are already having.
- Allows for feedback to be given online. You can gain insight into how to better your business and show that you care about your consumers by responding to and sharing comments or reviews.
- Promotes your business in a cost-effective way. Most social media is free or low-cost, so you can market your business while saving money for other important expenditures.
- Delivers instant news and updates. With social media, you can promptly inform your audience about recent happenings and stay well-informed yourself.
- Builds brand visibility. Social media provides another outlet to help you showcase your company culture and spread awareness about your business.
- Provides analytics about your business and consumers. You have the ability to measure your online reach and engagement, and gain insight into who your consumers are.
- Creates an incentive to be online. According to the Pew Internet Project, 74% of online adults use social media sites. You want to be online because everyone else is.
To sum it all up, we are thankful for social media because its essence is all about creating and maintaining relationships. This Thanksgiving, take the time to connect and engage with the people you are thankful for.