Online review sites like Google My Business (formerly Google+ Local), Yelp and Vitals are valuable marketing tools for businesses. Part of this value stems from the quality of information provided about a business, such as the correct hours, address and contact information. Taking ownership of profiles on these sites for your practice and providers is only part of the solution. You must also clean up extra, or duplicate, profiles that exist now and any that are created in the future.
A duplicate profile is an unclaimed profile that represents a practice or provider with a claimed profile. In order to ensure the accuracy of information online, all duplicate profiles need to be reported to the site for removal. Note, any provider profiles on Google and Yelp should be reported as duplicates of your practice’s claimed profile.*
Profiles are periodically generated on these sites based on information found online and in various databases. Be proactive about addressing duplicate profiles by searching for your practice and providers on each site once a month.
Follow the step-by-step instructions below for how to report duplicate profiles on Google, Yelp and Vitals.
*per HCA Web & Social Media Services Best Practices
Google My Business (Google+ Local)
You do not need to be signed into your Google account to report a duplicate profile. You will need to report each duplicate profile separately.
1. Go to Google+ Local and search for profiles by practice name and popular variations, address or phone number and provider names.
3. On the next page, select Place is a duplicate of another place. Provide an explanation, include the URL of your claimed profile and click Submit.
Note: Sometimes Google does not remove profiles when they are reported as duplicates. It’s important to check periodically to ensure the reported profile is removed.
You do not need to be signed into your Yelp account to report a duplicate profile. You can perform multiple searches and select multiple duplicate profiles at once.
1. Find the duplicate business page by searching for it on the Yelp Homepage.
2. Select the listing and click the Edit business info link.
4. Provide your email if you are not logged in to your user account.
5. In the Notes section, include the link to the claimed business page.
6. Click Submit.
You do not need to be signed into your Vitals account to report a duplicate profile. You can report all duplicates in one submission.
1. Go to the Vitals Contact Page and click on Contact Customer Care under Get Support.
2. Fill in the required fields. Under Issue, select Remove data from the drop-down.
3. In the Comments box, provider an explanation, include the provider’s full name, NPI, the duplicate profile URL, as well as the URL of your claimed profile and click Submit.
If you have further questions about how to remove duplicate profiles, please contact your Account Manager.