Are you interested in increasing your practice’s volume? Our Reputation Management course will improve your practice’s online visibility and reach. During the twelve-week course, your practice will learn:
- proven techniques for getting reviews.
- best practices for asking for reviews. We will provide training to ensure your staff and physicians are comfortable asking for reviews in an appropriate ways. Each practice will also receive customized promotional materials to promote their online profiles.
- how to appropriately manage online reviews
- techniques for managing the practice’s online reputation and continuing to improve your online reputation after the course.
Is my practice a good fit for Reputation Management?
To be successful in Reputation Management, you’ll need a few things:
- Two hours per week to participate in weekly training calls and complete assignments.
- A supportive and engaged staff who will work together to get new reviews for your practice.
- To be a graduate of Promote My Practice: Course 100.
- The desire to improve your practice’s online reputation.
Some other things to consider:
- Is my practice getting a new provider or changing locations in the next few months? When you hire a new provider or change locations, you must update all of your online profiles. You need to update your profiles and claim any new physician profiles before starting the course.
- Is my practice accepting new patients? If your practice is not accepting new patients, you have no need to increase patient volume. However, if the practice has a highly negative online reputation, Reputation Management can help you improve your reputation before it becomes a problem.
- Does my practice have enough time to dedicate to this program? If your practice is implementing electronic medical records or going through dramatic changes, you may want to participate at a later time.
My practice is ready for Reputation Management, now what?
Some practices will be contacted to participate based on their online reputation.
If you have any questions about the program or your application, please contact Elizabeth Wuellner, HCAPS Reputation Management Specialist.