Facebook Insights has recently undergone a massive overhaul. Along with a refreshing new design, Facebook has added numerous features including benchmark comparisons, a click-and-drag date select tool and more filtering options.
The new Facebook Insights boasts “Insights you can act on.” It outlines that you can:
- Learn what’s working and not working on your Page
- Find out more about who likes your Page (your fans) and engages with your posts
- Use your insights to plan future posts and decide on the best ways to connect with people
There are four new tabs:
- Overview: Get a 7-day snapshot of the most important activity on your Page
- Page: See how your fan base has grown over time and how people are connecting with your Page
- Posts: Compare the performance of all your posts
- People: Learn more about your fans and the people who like, comment and share your posts
The Overview tab contains the information Facebook thinks is most important for you to see. The new tab has four modules: Page Likes, Post Reach, Engagement and Your Most Recent Posts. You can click on any of the modules to view more detailed information about the metrics shown.
You can watch your audience grow under the new Page tab. It allows you to see how many times your Page was liked and unliked each day and learn where your likes come from, as in the different spots on Facebook where people are clicking “Like” to connect with your Page. This tab is broken down into three sub-tabs:
- Page Likes: Total page likes, Net likes (likes – unlikes = net likes) and where your page likes came from
- Post Reach: Number of people who saw your posts, the actions they took (both positive and negative) and Total reach, which is the number of people who saw any activity from your page, even if it didn’t come directly from you
- Page Visits: Number of times each of your page tabs was viewed and the number of actions people took involving your page
You can compare post performance with the Posts tab. It will help you understand how people respond to your posts, which in turn will enable you to create the best content for your Page. The new Posts tab puts everything in one place, so you can easily see the best and worst performing posts to continuously monitor what’s working and what isn’t. This tab has three sub-tabs:
- All Posts: Published within the indicated timeframe
- When Your Fans Are Online: See when the people who like your Page are on Facebook so you can share posts when they’ll be seen
- Best Post Types: The success of different post types based on average reach and engagement
The new People tab helps you get to know your fans better. You can learn how your fans are similar and different from other people on Facebook, as well as common traits of the people who like, comment on or share your posts. The three sub-tabs for this are:
- Your Fans: The people who like your Page
- People Reached: The people who saw at least one of your posts in the past 28 days
- People Engaged: The people who have liked, commented on or shared your posts in the past 28 days
The new Facebook Insights provides more useful information than before and with a much better interface. Check out your own page insights, and take the new version for a spin. For now, you still have the option to revert back to the older version if you choose to.