Google + Local is completely free to create and maintain, so why not make the most of it? According to Google, 97 percent of consumers will search for businesses online. When a potential patient is looking for a new practice, you want to make sure that yours is coming up in the search results. More times than not, Google has already created a page for your practice. This is not necessarily a good thing because it means that your practice could have an unclaimed profile with incorrect information or negative reviews. After claiming your practice’s page, here is how to make the most of your listing,
Thoroughness – There is nothing more important for your Google + Local page. Many practices will only add their phone number, address and maybe a photo. While these are important, you have the opportunity to let the user know so much more. The following are fields that are often left blank, but shouldn’t be…
- Description – There are dozens of competing practices in your area. What makes your practice different? Try to think about how you can tell a potential patient what they need to know in just a couple of sentences.
- Website Address – Don’t forget to add in your practice’s URL here. Utilize every opportunity to direct patients back to your website
- Office Hours – Be a source of information to the patient. The more information a potential patient can pull from this page, the better.
- Category – This will really help with your SEO (search engine optimization). You can add up to 5 categories per listing.
- Additional Details – This is skipped over more than the fields previously listed. These additional details will make all the difference to some patients. One example would be if your practice has parking, this would be listed here.
Garner reviews – Once the page is complete, it is essential to garner some positive reviews. This can be as simple as letting your patients know that your practice now has a profile and then encourage them to share their thoughts online.
Monitor your page – Google supplies you with free analytics. In your dashboard you will be able to see how many times users saw your page, clicked for driving directions, clicked for your website, etc. There is also a chance for your practice to respond to any comments left under your listing. As previously stated, Google is notorious for creating duplicate listings. Check monthly to make sure your page is the only one out there. Make sure to suspend the duplicate listing.
Google + Local is a great first step to creating an online presence for your practice. If you are ready to claim your listing, follow this link for step-by-step instructions. To claim other online profiles, sign up for Promote My Practice by contacting Josephine.email@example.com.