Last week we gave you eight great tips to managing Facebook, let’s continue on with 13 more from Health Care Communication!
9. How to change users. When you operate a public page, as well as a personal one, you want to make sure that you know how to switch back and forth between them. When you go into your public business page, Facebook will alert you that you are posting, commenting and liking as your business page. To change it, go to “Voice” and you can switch back to your personal page.
10. How to set up a Recommendations box. This is a great way to build a rapport with followers. You must provide an exact location in order for Recommendations to be made available to your page.
11. How to target posts. To send your post to a select demographic, click on the “Public” icon next to the “Post” button. From here, you will be asked to enter which countries or languages you would like to target. This can be helpful for posting to a local international audience that you would like to target.
12. How to integrate WordPress blogs with Facebook. You can easily tag and post your WordPress blog onto your own page, as well as your business page. If you are trying to get your post shared, mention the names of some of your friends that may enjoy the blog in your post.
13. How to know when to post. Posting at the right time determines if your key audience will see and engage in your post. Experiment with different posting times and see what time gets the most traction. Facebook analytics is a great tool to use for this as well.
14. How to optimize your page for SEO. Make sure you are using keywords in your updates, on your photos, links and you “About” page. This is the first step to improving SEO for your Facebook page.
15. How to find your past Facebook activity. To find a specific post go to “Edit page” and you can activate the activity log. You will see actions on your page, including status updates, photos, comment, etc.
16. How to pin and adjust photos. To move an older post to the top of your page, click “Edit” and select, “Pin to Top.” This will make the post the first thing that people see when they go to your page. You can also reposition a photo by selecting “Reposition Photo” and move it around within the frame.
17. How to manage your page on the go. Although you probably have the Facebook app already on your phone, the app you really need to download is Facebook Pages. This allows you to manage your page when you are away from your computer. This is a great way to keep you up to date with your business’ page on the go!
18. How to create milestones. Milestones are a great way to highlight important moments to your company. An example of a milestone is your company’s birthday. You can create a milestone the same way you make a status, just click on “Event, Milestone” before posting.
19. How to add interest lists and page owners. Featuring “likes” can be a great way to improve subscriptions to your page. To add “likes” or page owners go to your admin panel and click on “Update Info”, from here you will go to the “Featured” section and add more “likes” and featured page owners that will appear on your business page.
20. How to remove recent posts by others. To remove a post go into “Admin Panel” , then select “Update Info” then click on “Manage Permissions” and you will have the option to unclick a box beside “Post Visibility.”
21. How to design your cover photo. To have a photo that fits, the image will be 851 pixels wide and 315 pixels tall. When you upload your photo, make sure that it is centered and fits your page. If you need a cover photo HCA Web Services can provide you one! To request a cover photo, contact Josephine.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Managing Facebook doesn’t have to be rocket science. Go into your page and play around, see what you can learn, and if get stuck refer back to these tips!