Your profiles have been claimed and the information is up-to-date…now what? The most important aspect of creating a social media presence is monitoring it. Consistently checking reviews, ratings and comments about your practice is crucial. Kevin MD gives advice on how to manage your identity online.
Key Concepts to managing your online reputation:
1. You cannot control what people are saying about you or your business. A negative review can really hurt your practice, but by providing quality care you can control how your patients feel when they walk out of your office.
2. You have 100 percent control of the online story you create. Kevin MD stands by the tried and true advice, “the best defense is a good offense.” Great Facebook content and an informative blog are great ways for patients to see your practice as involved and educational. By being active with social media, you are able to write your own story.
Strategies to create and manage the optimal online reputation:
1. Start with a professional website. Your practice’s website should reflect what you want your patients to know, as well as link to your other social media like Twitter and Facebook.
2. Respond to comments. While there are situations where a response is unnecessary, usually it shows your patients that you are engaged, care about what they have to say and are willing to learn and grow as a practice.
3. Remain diverse and don’t get stale. Make sure you are active on several social media outlets. This not only helps your practice in search engine rankings, it gives potential patients many portals in which they can find you.
4. Engage in online communities. Participation in online communities increases good reputation, and sets you up to be an expert voice in your field.