In a recent blog post on Ragan.com, the importance of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is discussed. Here are 10 great statistics that prove SEO is a valuable resource to invest in:
- More than 80 percent of Internet users use search.
- Seventy percent of the links users click during a search are organic (meaning they were not paid to show up in a search).
- Seventy-five percent of users never scroll past the first page of search results.
- Eighty percent of search engine users say they occasionally/rarely/never click on sponsored search results (which are paid to show up in a search).
- More than 90 percent of online experiences begin with a search engine.
- Search is the number one traffic driver to sites, beating social media by 300 percent.
- For Google, 18 percent of organic clicks go to the first position, 10 percent go to the second position and 7 percent go to the third position.
- Forty-two percent of all searchers click on the top-ranked result. Only 23 percent click a pay-per-click link.
- Almost 40 percent of customers come from search.
- Fifty percent of consumers are more likely to click on a search result if the brand appears multiple times on the results page.
Remember, it’s important to have well-developed and completed social media profiles in order to increase the chances of your practice showing up in search results. Do you have good SEO? Try searching your practice’s name and see what you find.