Ever wondered when is the best time of day to post content on your practice’s Facebook and Twitter pages? According to a study by Bitly, a URL shortening service, the answer is early afternoon. In the study, Bitly looked at the amount of clicks that links generated, as well as the total amount of activity on Twitter, Facebook and Tumblr.
In summary, the study found:
– The best time to post is between 1 and 4 pm during the week.
– The very best time to post is Wednesday at 3 pm.
– The worst time to post is between 8 pm and 8 am during the week and the weekends.
– The best time to post is between 9 am and 3 pm, Monday through Thursday.
– The worst time to post is after 3 pm on Friday and during the weekends.
Keep in mind, what works best for a majority of businesses, may not work well for your practice. You must ultimately find the time that works best for your specific audience. Study your Facebook Page’s Insights regularly and see when your posts get the most views.