A recent study by Dan Zarella, reveals when and how often we should be reaching out to our own audiences for maximum exposure.
Timing your Tweets:
– Nearly 80% of the general US population is in the Central and Eastern time zone.
– The highest percentage of retweets occur around 5PM EST, while the highest CTR (click through rate) occurs between noon and 6PM EST.
– You will achieve a higher CTR by only tweeting 1 – 4 times per hour, especially midweek and on weekends.
Timing your Facebook posts:
– Most Facebook shares occur on Saturday.
– These shares tend to spike around noon, and a little after 7PM.
– Posting once every two days will result in the most “likes”.
– When combining the two statistics of Facebook and Twitter, it appears that posting on weekends around noon or 6PM is the ideal social timing sweet spot.
When combining the two statistics of Facebook and Twitter, it appears that posting on weekends around noon or 6PM is the ideal social timing sweet spot.
Hidden factors for scheduling posts:
Opportune tweeting times vary by user. For example, if your followers become used to you actively posting at 3PM on Sundays, your CTR’s and amplification will invariably be at their highest at 3PM on Sundays. Also, different days of the week have different periods of high-activity on various social networks. Mondays, for instance, are most active after late mornings, while Fridays and Saturdays are most active during late afternoons.