Confession #5: I setup my practice Facebook and Twitter profiles, but now I don’t know how to add the icons and links to my Outlook email signature.
I talked to the team at ehc.com and they provided me with step by step instructions for adding the links to my Outlook email signature. I didn’t even know they had instructions available! I found out that I can add the icons to all of my practice’s accounts, from its Facebook Page to blog site, and you can too! Just follow these instructions!
- Go to http://www.iconarchive.com/category/social-network-icons.html.
- Search for the type of icon you need (Facebook, Twitter, etc) in the search box at the top of the page.
- Click on the design you want to add to your signature.
- Scroll down until you see “download other sizes of this icon,” select the 48 pixel icon and save it to your computer (right click and select “save image as”).
- Go to Outlook.
- Click on Tools in the top tool bar and select Options.
- Select the Mail Format tab.
- Click the Signatures button.
- Select the signature you would like to edit or create a new signature.
- Click the insert picture icon.
- Select the picture you want to add to your signature and click insert.
- Click on the newly inserted logo in your signature.
- With the logo still selected, click the insert link image.
- Enter the URL you want the image to link to in the address field. Note: Make sure you have the exact address you want to link users to. For instance, don’t just link users to the Facebook homepage, instead link them to your practice’s Facebook page. The best way to do this is to open your desired Webpage in another screen, copy the URL and paste it into the address field.
- Click OK.
- If you want to add other images to your signature, such as Twitter, repeat the process.
- Once your signature has all desired logos, links and contact information, click OK.
- Send a test email to yourself and click the icons to make sure all links are going to the correct Webpage.
Congratulations, you have successfully set up your signature!
Contact ehc.com’s online marketing coordinator, if you have any questions or want a copy of the instructions with screen shots of each step.